I drafted the pattern one size too big for him, I didn't realize ... I must have thought,... better bigger than smaller. I did some alterations here and there,... quiet alot actually.
Of course, I was hoping that the pants would just suit him miraculously, but unfortunately some adjustments need to be made.
First the fitting is not correct, Told ya I did some alterations... I tug a bit here and there until it fits him. Done!
Second, the zipper is weak and short, so I replaced the zipper with the bigger one.... hopefully stronger.... and longer. Too bad the color is black. Not just that, I forgot how to attach the front fly zipper,.... so I re-do a few times.
Third, apparantely he likes his pants to sit between the hip and the waist, mmmhhh... for instance, I only wear low waist for pants and skirt... so for this I agree with him. To adjust to his needs, I lower the waistline by taking 3cm off from the top part.
.... and somehow the side pockets are too heavy for the pants, I know it's due to its material. The material is not fantastic for this type of pattern, it is sort of big fibre cotton, I'm sure there is a name for this type of cotton. I took off one of the side pockets, .... not much of a help though. I even ruin the fabric a little bit ... ;(
After the ordeal, the pants is ready,... still I'm not satisfied, I can do better than that, if only I use different material .... so not cool.
Oh, I don't know if its going to shrink or not after washing.... what a waste of a hardwork if it is going to be ...