I made this plate after my friend, Cecilia kindly brought me the ready made peanut sauce package . Let see what I add to spicen up this Indonesian home dish....
First of all, I use the ready made peanut sauce, I just add hot water. You can buy this in Asian or International supermarket. But if you really want to make th sauce from scratch then follow this recipe,... it's optional, coz in the end it is up to your preference.Peanut Sauce recipe :
Blend all these ingredients below and mix it with the blended peanuts.
- 100 gr peanuts (fried or roasted), crush until powdery.
- 2 garlics
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp roasted shrimp paste (if you like)
- 25gr palm sugar
- 1tsp lime juice
- 100cc water (watch the consistency of the sauce, you like it liquid or a bit dense)
That's for the peanuts sauce, congratulations if you manage to make it from scratch.
In my case, I use this list of vegetables below :
- fresh carrots, beetrout, tomatoes, and courgette
- boiled beans sprout
- boiled eggs
- fresh coriander
- shrimp cracker
- pan fried cereal bread from Lidl (when it fried, it can be tempe substitute)
Honestly,... when you live abroad, somehow you manage to be creative in the kitchen once in a while. I'm not good at cooking, it's just accidentaly cook.